International Women’s Day is March 8. It’s the perfect time to recognize the important women in your life—the women who’ve shaped who you are. Whether you take a moment to love a little extra on Mom, celebrate a sister, thank a mentor, or express your gratitude to a close friend, there are so many good reasons to remind someone just how special they are.
Here are 10 ways to celebrate the strength of a woman in your world and honor the special memories you have together.
- Call up an aunt or cousin that you haven’t talked to in a while. She’ll be delighted to hear from you!
- Send silly childhood pictures to your sister and have a good laugh. You never know what stories you’ll uncover.
- Give your best friend a book that captures your goofy, supportive, loving relationship, such as I Like You More Than… or Hey Friend, I Wrote a Book about You.
- Gather your girlfriends for a fun girls’ night out on the town. Or, if you prefer staying in, invite them over to your place for a cozy dinner party.
- Capture treasured memories from Mom or Grandma with our My Mom and My Grandma interview journals. This will give you a chance to connect and learn more about her life before you, as well as create a keepsake for generations to come.
- Send a card or write a letter to an impactful woman thanking her for making a difference. It can be to a former teacher, coach, boss, or family member who’s inspired you to become the wonderful human you are today.
- Make plans to visit a friend or a family member who lives far away. The delight will begin before your trip—it starts the moment you let them know you’re thinking of them!
- Text a friend a funny meme or inside joke that you know will make her smile.
- Offer support and encouragement to a woman who you know is going through a tough time. A few comforting words can mean so much.
- Give a hardworking woman you know a break—take her out to dinner, go on a soothing spa date together, or offer to babysit for a busy mom. Whether it’s bonding time with you or precious alone time, she’ll appreciate the breather.
These are just a handful of ways to connect with the women you love and let them know how much they mean to you. Discover more gift ideas to inspire women all year long here.